Rs 7 million worth of property burnt down in Solukhumbu fire

File Photo

Salleri, Solukhumbu: A cooking gas leakage caused a fire in a house of a local resident at Solududhkunda Municipality-8 in Solukhumbu district, destroying property worth approximately Rs 7 million, said the police.

The three storey building belonging to one Tendi Sherpa was reduced to cinders, while Rs 50,000 in cash, gold ornaments and other property were burnt down, said Inspector Pradhumna Adhikari.

Efforts of the police and local people to douse the fire that started at noon on Saturday went in vain.